Qualification: Bachelors / Masters
Experience: 8 to 10 years
Director Editorial & Publishing is required in Karachi for a Leading Publishing Press. Senior Professionals having Bachelors or Masters Degree with 8 to 10 years of relevant experience are encouraged to apply for the job.
Director Editorial & Publishing job role is to maintain, develop and grow the company list, leading the Publishing (Editorial, Design and Digital Publishing) team, and building key strengths to maximize profitability and competitive strength in the market.
- Publishing Opportunities: Identify and evaluate opportunities in key markets in order to contribute to the creation of a publishing plan, with an effective use of resource.
- Publishing Plans: Establish long-term publishing and marketing plans to ensure that Company is positioned to exploit the opportunities available and achieve maximum market share in the identified publishing areas in a way that contributes to and enhances Company’s overall strategy.
- Commissioning and Author Care: Identify and commission, or supervise the commissioning of, authors to prepare scripts in order to realise the publishing plan. Ensure that relations with authors are fostered and developed.
- Contracts: Negotiate author contracts (or supervise the negotiation of those contracts) under guidance of Group Legal and with support of the regional Publishing Rights on terms and in a manner that will both be accepted by authors as equitable and be consistent with the Division’s commercial objectives.
- Market Research: Plan, use, and direct the use of market research tools and techniques at the key stages of project development to maintain a user/market focus to the publishing.
- Editorial: Supervise project development and the shaping of content so that the project is properly and effectively developed, desk editing is of an appropriate standard, agreed schedules are maintained, and the final product is suitable for its intended market and meets the necessary quality standard.
- Design: Supervise creative design: visual identity and visual projects creation. Supervise production design, in-house or done by third part offices. Identify and commission, or supervise the commissioning of, third part offices to realise both the creative and the production design. Ensure that relations with third part offices are fostered and developed.
- Digital Publishing: Supervise digital publishing projects creation. Identify and commission, or supervise the commissioning of, suppliers to realise digital media projects. Ensure that relations with suppliers are fostered and developed.
- People: Recruit, train, motivate and develop staff to ensure efficient and effective publishing.
- Communication skills
- Leaderships skills
- Decision Making skills
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly mention the job title Director Editorial & Publishing in the email.
Last date to apply for the job is 27th March, 2018
To apply Online Fill-in the form below and submit Fields marked with asterisk(*) are mandatory.